Thursday, October 23, 2008

Rob Fucking Gordon

Seriously, i dont feel like I am a music snob, but here in a few sentences, I will probably negate that sentences, it takes me just shy of an hour to get from Fishtown to West Philadelphia (15 minutes of walking, 15 minute train ride, 20 minute walk), and, this has been my "Fishtown to West Philly" playlist:

1. "Knifeman" - the Bronx
2. "Young Bloods" - the Bronx

on repeat. For an hour, all I have been listening to is these two songs over and over and over again. I just recently got two Hold Steady Records and the Thermals records on my computer, and have a wealth of new music at my disposal, but, all I am interested in are the two new Bronx songs. And I have been ok with that.

But then i realized that I could probably condence my whole iTunes library down to less than 25 songs that Id actually be interested in listening to. And guess, what, I totally did. And here they are.

1. "Where's My Myagi" - Army of Ponch
2. "Wendy Clear" - Blink-182
3. "Not Now" - Blink-182
4. "So Single" - Braindead
5. "Young Bloods" - the Bronx
6. "Knifeman" - the Bronx
7. "Posterchild" - Crossbearer
8. "Fire Back About Your NewBorn Baby's Sex" - Don Caballero
9. "Real Problems is SRQ" - Fake Probems
10. "Seconds Before the Bottom Drops Out" - Glass and Ashes
11. "Exit Wound" - Glass and Ashes
12. "Stuck Between Stations" - the Hold Steady
13. "Communique" - Jena Berlin
14. "Hawaiian T-Shirt" - Lemuria
15. "From Me 2 U" - Reggie and the Full Effect
16. "Get Well Soon" - Reggie and the Full Effect
17. "Vinegar and Baking Soda" - Scream Hello
18. "The Cannons and the Tanks" - Small Brown Bike
19. "Here's Your Future" - the Thermals
20. "Drinks are our Amnesty"- Young Livers
21. "The Small Hours" - Small Brown Bike

these are the only 21 songs i am remotely interested in listening to. i'm ok with that

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been listening to Wendy Clear like crazy this week

Good call.