Tuesday, February 24, 2009

So I have decided that I love Facebook. Not only does it blow the dicks and tits off of Myspace as a social networking tool, but, and actually way more importantly, its an excellent way to measure your life against people you only slightly know. I don't ever frequent the pages of the people I know very well, but all the kids I haven't spoken to since highschool and I'm all over that shit. My favorite is when kids that were skinny got real fat. I'm just saying.

But anyway, what I mean that is that Facebook exists for people who think they are doing really well in their life to exploit that in front of all the people they know that aren't exceeding in the manner that they are. The kids I went to highschool with are great example of this because their entire pages just exist to flex some kid of muscle...take for instance this on kid who is currently enrolled in Harvard Graduate school. His about me or some shit says "facebook is static, follow my thoughts on twitter" with a link to his Twitter account...but I cant for the life of me figure out what credential, if any, makes me feel like I should give two Chihuahua sized shits about his thoughts and opinions. But thats not the case, because I have an English degree and I know I am not qualified or interesting enough for anyone to get their dicks hard about and sentences I produce. What I am trying to get at is that the kids from my highschool, and anyone on Facebook that thinks they are better than most people, use Facebook to boast their achievements, however minimal. Guess, what, anyone can go to Europe, so, your study abroad pictures arent that impressive. In fact, Europe is so easy to get to that playing in shitty pun rock bands got me there. And I probably had a way better time...have you watched a grown man piss his pants in Le Havre, France? I doubt it.

I dont remember where I was going with all of this. But anyway, as a social experiment i think it would be great if Facebook added a "Income" information option like Myspace...i'd love to see what the Galloway School Alumni do with that.

But, yeah, I leave for Philadelphia the day after tomorrow so I guess I should probably finish all of this shit.

Jena Berlin (September 2008 - Present)
So I met the dudes from JB at the Fest 5...they came through Atlanta a couple times over the next year and I thought they were all sweet dudes. Another thing I was doing in the year that we played with JB a couple times in ATL, i was also finishing up college at KSU. What makes this important is that my whole plan for college was to get done with it and then to spend the rest of my year on tour. About the second time JB came through town i realized that i was about to college and had no fucking plan as to how I was going to spend much time on the road. I emailed Jeff and said if they ever needed a guitar player or a bass player to let me know, and sure as bulldog farts smell bad, Jeff hit me up about playing bass for them in Europe. Its amazing the way peoples idea of you changes when you tell them you went on tour in Europe. I mean, I guess it was cool and all, and a totally different perspective, but also, as I said before, everyone goes to Europe. Going to Europe is the new gay...everyone is doing it.

Mose Giganticus (October 2008 - Present)
the story with Mose is very similar to JB...i was on tour with Die Benny, met Matt Mose, said if he ever needed a guitar player to let me know, and now I am going back to philly next week to play guitar with him and Justin for like, a month and inevitably having everything I own smelling like vegetable oil and making 7 dollars a night.

Take that Galloway School Alumni!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

This is spot-on and hilarious.

"My favorite is when kids that were skinny got real fat. I'm just saying." - I almost spit out my Sprite

Thanks for that, I needed to laugh.