Saturday, February 28, 2009

Its Saturday night and I am watching two guys that are both older than me be high and do nothing but sew. This is how exciting my life has become, and this is what being a touring musician does for you. Also I think I am getting carpal tunnel syndrome because the pain in my right hand and wrist is comparable to that of having an obese woman step on your foot in a sharp high heel. I also feel like my ears stick out like elf ears.

JKK was cleaning out his room today and, for some reason, found a bunch of BOP, TygerBeat and etc kinds of magazines. In this one copy of BOP there is a full page photo of Green Day, back when they were a shitty looking Gilman St punk band. The funny thing is that with the picture there is an article/interview with the band with the sub headline “Looks at the Positive Side.” I wonder if when Green Day’s signed their deal with Reprise Records that their PR guy would throw them some questions from BOP magazine and that they would be in an issue that says they look at the positive side in a magazine that has Jonathan Taylor Thomas on the cover (ad you could enter to win a pair of his shoes, apparently).

And furthermore, I wonder if when they saw their article in BOP magazine did they begin to realize they weren’t some shitty Gilman St punk band anymore?

No comments: