Thursday, January 1, 2009

Last night I showed up to a petsit and one of the dogs wasn't in the back yard. I spent two hours with another sitter and my boss looking for the dog. The dogs at this clients house stay in the basement and have a dogie door that lets them go in and out of the house as they please. Apparently the missing dog got out of the fence sometime between my morning visit and when i returned for the evening. There was no opening in the fence anywhere, no holes to get out. There was still no sign of him this morning.

My boss just called me to tell me that he was hit by a car and died. This is not my fault, nor is our companies fault...the dog simply jumped the fence or got out somehow. We never touched the gate, he must have just been spooked by the fireworks and jumped the fence and got turned around. Its no ones fault but i still feel a ton of guilt and have no idea how to handle this situation, and cannot believe this happened on one of my sits and with my dogs that I was paid to take care of.

No comments: