Thursday, June 5, 2008

I leave for Philly on August 26th, and play shows with Jena Berlin from the 27th through the 31st. We fly into Amsterdam on September 4th, and then we are on tour in Europe till the 21. We get back into Philly on the 23rd, and then I was planning on flying back to ATL.

Mose Giganticus just asked me to play guitar on their fall tour leading up to the Fest and back to Philly...October 2nd through November 15. Matt said he'd like for me to come up to Philly in mid September to practice and bring my guitar rig. So, basically, that would mean coming home from Europe and then starting right off with Mose. Essentially, that would mean being on tour for two and a half months. That is something I have always wanted to do, but I have always wanted to do it with my band. Both of these are bands that I would just be a hired gun. But, if i remember correctly, Matt pays his hired guns, and I am getting a free trip to Europe from Jena Berlin.

What the fuck should I do? I mean, I am going to Europe, plane tickets are already purchased. Do I want to be gone for 81 days straight? the only reason I am not saying "fuck yes" is because these are not my bands. Benard has troubles doing anything in regards to touring, and Die Benny is sort of in the same boat with Nathan going back to school. I just feel like I put so much into both of these bands that being gone from them seems like something I shouldnt do, but, at the same time, it is very obvious that neither of my bands will be doing this. That is no one fault, in fact it is partially mine, because I have been gone so much this year. But, I am never as happy as I am when I am touring. I graduated college so I can do this music bullshit, and now I am in a situation where I can. Benard and Die Benny will always be there when I get back, right? I would have no problem with either band replacing me while I am gone. I dont want to quit. I just want to tour, goddammit.

Dont know what to do. Any advice would be greatly appreciated

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Hmm, I'm slightly biased, because if you go tour with Mose you'll miss my wedding. :(

But, it sounds like an amazing opportunity, and you're right, Die Benny and Benard would be here when you get back. If this is something you really, truly want to do, then do it. I understand that you're not doing it with your own bands, but the experience is what you ultimately want, right?

Sea Thief said...

Zac. Go on tour with Mose Giganticus. You're right, Die Benny and Benard will still be there when you get home. You've been pouring your sweat and blood into those bands (Benard especially) and it's absolutely no fault of yours that those bands don't get to do the tours you're hankerin' for. So enjoy the ride and all the perks of touring without any of the logistic hassles! I mean yeah at the end of 2 and a half straight months of touring you'll be really fucking sick of sleeping on floors and subsisting on gas station potato chips and gummy bears but it's well worth the experience. Did I mention I'm really proud of you? This shit is awesome.

Chad said...

dude, go on tour. i know what you are saying but tour. it's what you want to do and you may never have these chances again and you'll regret missing out, you know? you can always promote benard and die benny while at these other places and get even more of an understanding about touring to help you out in the future. don't hold back sucka!