Tuesday, November 3, 2009

fair is fair

October 29th – Gainesville, FL
Pre Fest at 1982. Nothing interesting to say at all. I am glad the Fest only happens once a year

October 30th – Gainesville, FL
Adrianna made it safely into town and I am incredibly excited about Girlfriend Fest. I think I am going to like the idea of being showered and asleep every night by two AM. Getting too old for the Fest.

October 31st – Gainesville, FL
When I get home I will start a band called Burners. We will play one show and record one seven inch. I will do vocals and facewalk the whole crowd.

November 1st – Gainesville, FL
Our show was better attended this year than last, but the rowdy factor was turned down quite a bit. I offered to work as a “bouncer” during O’Pioneers!!!, Bomb the Music Industry and Defiance, Ohio because the kids were getting so rowdy. I am much more interested in authentic and positive DIY and spaces for bands to perform, and preserving these spaces from a bunch of drunk, stupid punk kids than I am about seeing bands I don’t particularly care for. I’m still glad the Fest only happens once a year.

November 2nd – Lake City, FL
The Motel 6 in Lake City , FL seems infinitely smaller that our bus. I walked a mile to Moes and sat there for half an hour talking to my mom on the phone just to get some space from my tour mates. Its not that I don’t like them, its just hard to have to spend every second with someone, it gets to the point where someone’s voice is enough to put you in a cranky mood. Tour is over in 5 days. Kinda happy about that. I’m almost 25. Not sure how I feel about that.