Friday, August 7, 2009

In 7 months I will turn 25 years old, meaning I have been alive for a quarter of a century, meaning that I have roughly been alive for one third of my life. In 7 months I will have used up a third of my time on this earth. I'm consistantly worrying about what I have to show for 25 years of being on this planet.

Last year I embarked on an epic journey that spanned 8 countries and too may American cities to count. I felt such a sense of accomplishment knowing that I could sustain myself while being so far from home and be perfectly happy and content in this totally different type of environment and style of living. August 27 - December 8th last year made ever miserable second of 2008 leading up to it worth dealing with.

Right now, as I plead with myself to just be sleepy, all I can think about is what I have to show for this year, what will I have to say about 2009 when in wraps up here in a couple months, and, more importantly what will I have to say about myself on April 1st 2010.

No comments: