Tuesday, July 7, 2009

tour is over

July 5th – Williamstown, NJ
Yet another run the shit down house show to chronicle in the places I have played. I spent some time today lurking kids I went to highschool with and I wonder what they think about me if they check my facebook page. They probably don’t, seeing as how I haven’t checked in on any of these people in years. But I wonder if they look at my list of shows played and think “Man, 6 years later and Zac Hobbs is still playing in bands and still playing house parties.” This doesn’t bother me at all though, I think if I never make it any further than this, I would rather know what a real, visceral musical experience was with a community of obnoxious posi-punks that are committed to something other than school and money. Tonight was the last show of tour and looking back its been one of the better experiences I’ve had on the road.

July 6th – Philadelphia, PA
Packing things, getting ready for an early as shit plane ride home. When tour is over, it’s time for tour to be over, and I can’t wait to not have to sleep on a couch or a shitty futon or floor.

No comments: