Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Motion of the Ocean

I keep sitting here and writing and erasing letters and syntax in this untitled Microsoft Word File. I have been doing this for a while – usually every night - with a blank file usually being the end result. My hair is longest it has been in quite a while and I have put on 3 pounds. These are things that would usually bother me, but, recently, I just don’t really care. The world is too big, and surrounded by so much life, being sad and unhappy doesn't seem to be worth the time spent.

I have made a conscious decision recently. There is this Fake Problems quote, “Living life in constant motion is the only way I’ll be content,” and I have certainly been doing that this year.

And content would be an understatement.

I moved out, but am constantly back and forth between Smyrna and Atlanta, which helps to blur the sense of “home.” So far I have spent a third of the year on the road, which is a ratio I am very happy with. I never feel stagnate, and I never feel unhappy. There is nothing I love doing more than being in a van driving to cities far away from here and playing music, and I have been doing a good amount of that this year.

Home is where the heart is and mine is scattered over miles and time.

That is so clichéd and cheesy.

23 years and still ticking.

there will be plenty of years to spend married and with a career. But, for now.....

1 comment:

Ashley said...

"Home is where the heart is and mine is scattered over miles and time."

I like that, though. And as for 23 years and still ticking... I feel that way. And then I realize that my life doesn't have to change that much if I don't want it to (once I get married, that is). And then I feel better.

Adorable puppies, by the way.